- Cuisine: Filipino
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
- 4 - 5 pieces medium Whole Tilapia (cleaned)
- 3 cups Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Coconut Cream
- 2-3 pieces Long Chili Pepper (Siling Pang-sigang)
- 2-3 pieces Red Thai Chili (Siling Labuyo,, optional)
- 2 pieces Eggplant (optional), sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch Bok Choy or Pechay(optional)
- 5 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 thumbsize Ginger, cut in strips
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Using a skillet, mix the coconut milk, garlic, onion and chili peppers and vinegar, season with a little salt and pepper.
Nestle the tilapia in and bring to a boil, then simmer for 5- 10 minutes or until tilapia is partially cooked.
Add the coconut cream (kakang-gata) and eggplant and simmer for another 10 – 15 minutes until thick.
Add the Pechay or Bok Choy and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Serve with hot rice.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe