- Cuisine: Filipino
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 pack (1 lb) rice noodles (bihon)
Ingredients (For the sauce)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 tbsp anatto powder
- 3 cups pork broth
- 1 piece shrimp cube
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Ingredients (For the toppings)
- 1 cup boiled pork, thinly sliced and cut into small pieces
- 2 pieces fried firm tofu (tokwa), cubed
- ½ cup tinapa flakes (smoked fish)
- ½ cup chicharon (pounded)
- 2 hard boiled eggs,sliced
- ½ cup cooked shrimps (boiled or steamed)
- 1/4 cup green onion or scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fried garlic
- 2 pieces lemon, sliced (or 6 to 8 pieces calamansi)
- Soak the rice noodles in water for about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the sauce by heating a saucepan. Pour-in the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the ground pork and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes
- Dilute the annato powder in pork broth then pour the mixture in the saucepan. Bring to a boil (If you are using anatto seeds, soak them first in 3 tbsp water to bring-out the color)
- Add the shrimp cube and stir and simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the flour gradually while stirring.
- Add the fish sauce and ground black pepper then simmer until sauce becomes thick. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil enough water in a pot.
- Place the soaked noodles in a strainer (use metal or bamboo strainer) then submerge the strainer in the boiling water for about a minute or until the noodles are cooked. (make sure that the noodles are still firm)
- Remove the strainer from the pot and drain the liquid from the noodles.
- Place the noodles in the serving plate.
- Pour the sauce on top of the noodles then arrange the toppings over the sauce.
- Serve with a slice of lemon or calamansi. Share and enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe