Sinigang na Hipon2013-04-20
- Cuisine: Filipino
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 10 cups water
- 1 thumb-size ginger, cut into strips
- 6 pieces taro roots, peeled and halved
- 1 small radish, peeled and sliced thinly
- 12 pieces okra
- 1 medium size tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 serrano peppers
- 1 packet (1.76 oz) tamarind soup mix
- Bunch of spinach
- Fish sauce or salt to taste
Put water in a pot. Add salt and ginger. Bring to a boil.
Add taro roots and cook for 5 minutes. Add the radish and okra and cook for another 3 minutes or until the taros are fork tender.
Add the shrimps and tamarind soup mix. Let it boil. Season to taste.
Add tomatoes, red onions and serrano peppers. Cook for couple of minutes.
Add the spinach. Cover and turn off heat.
Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe