- Skill Level: Moderate
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 500 g of chicken legs or thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or your regular cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced (chopped into little squares)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium bell peppers (one green and one red)
- 3 green finger chillies, cut tip off to release heat while cooking
- 2-3 medium potatoes, wash, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper or fish sauce to taste
First, thoroughly wash the chicken and pat dry; lightly season with salt and pepper. In a saucepan or a deep pan, heat about 2 tablespoons of oil over high heat and sear/fry the chickens pieces. Turn to cook both sides. Set aside.
In the same pan, saute the garlic, onion until cooked, you know it is when the onion turns transparent or opaque and quite soft. Add the tomato sauce and water, bring to a boil and add the fried/seared chicken pieces back in the pan as well as the potatoes and green chillies. Season with salt and pepper, I like to season with patis or fish sauce, if you don’t have it or don’t like it, just use sea salt and ground black pepper.
Cover the saucepan and bring to boil, lower the heat and let cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and add the bellpeppers and cook until both chicken and vegetables are tender. Add breadcrumbs last to thicken the sauce, cook for a minute before turning off the heat.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe