- Cuisine: Filipino
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 kilo pork, menudo cut (small cubes)
- 1/4 kilo pork liver, cut into small cubes
- 6 medium-sized tomatoes, minced
- 5 medium-sized onions, minced (Red has more flavor, white has more sweetness.)
- 4 medium-sized red/green bell pepper, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced (optional)
- 1 cup frozen green peas (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 cups garbanzos, aka white chickpeas, cooked and peeled (optional)
- 3 pieces chorizo de bibao or hot dogs (optional), sliced diagonally
- 20 pieces hard-boiled quail eggs (optional)
- 1 pork bouillon cube
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 1 small can of Reno liver spread
- salt, pepper, and MSG to taste
Heat your wok or big kawali. Make sure it’s hot before you put oil. Fry the potatoes until light brown. Set aside.
On the same pan, add more oil, about 3 tbsp. Add the pork, garlic, tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers. Season with salt, pepper, MSG, fish sauce, and pork bouillon cube. Reduce to low heat. Juices will eventually come out from the vegetables so no need to add water. Cover while stirring occasionally. Simmer until pork is tender or until the liquid has almost dried up leaving a thick sauce.
Add Reno liver spread, liver, and hot dogs/sausages, cover for about 5 minutes. I’m adding the liver at a later part because we don’t want to overcook it. Liver cooks fast and it can be tough if overdone.
Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 15 more minutes while stirring occasionally.
Serve with rice.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe