Almondigas (Filipino Meatballs)2013-04-20
- Cuisine: Filipino
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1/2 cup shrimp, shelled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions or chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup white onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp lard (you can substitute cooking oil)
- 5 cups shrimp stock, rice washing or plain water
- 1 cup miswa (thin white noodles like vermicelli)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- patis (fish sauce)
Mix the pork, shrimp, green onions, egg, salt and pepper.
Shape into balls measuring an inch in diameter.
In a deep pan, saute the garlic and onions in lard.
Add the stock or water and bring to boil.
Drop meat balls a few at a time into the boiling water.
Once the meat balls are done, add the noodles, and then immediately remove the pan off the heat.
Season with salt or patis. Soy sauce and lemon juice can be on the side.
Top with finely chopped green onions or chives for garnish.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe