- Cuisine: Filipino
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 kilo beef, cut into 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ cubes
- 8 potatoes cut the same size as the beef
- 1 bundle Pechay (Bok choy) cut into 2 pieces
- 1 small cabbage, quartered
- 5 onions, diced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 10 corns of black pepper
- 1 liter of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a big casserole, heat oil and sauté the garlic and onions.
Add water, the beef, black pepper and patis. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour or until the beef is tender.
Add the potatoes. Continue to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
Add the cabbage then the pechay. Do not overcook the vegetables.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve steaming hot in a bowl and plain white rice.
- You can substitute the beef with chicken (chicken stew) or pork (pork stew) for variety
Average Member Rating
(3.5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe