- Cuisine: Filipino
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 0m
- 2 cans Coconut Milk
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Sweet Potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups Banana Saba or Ripe Plantains, cubed
- 2 cups Taro root or Gabi(optional), cubed
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Pearls or Sago, cooked
- 1 cup Sugar
Ingredients (For the bilo-bilo)
- 4 cups Sweet Rice Flour or Glutinous Flour
- 1 3/4 cups Water
Make the bilo-bilo by mixing the sweet rice flour with water. Roll in 1/2 inch balls.
Mix the coconut milk, water, sugar and bilo-bilo in a pot and bring to a boil.
Turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes, making sure the balls don’t stick together.
Add the sweet potatoes and taro root and cook for another 5 minutes, then add the bananas and tapioca pearls.
Cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and taro root are soft but not mushy.
Average Member Rating
(0.1 / 5)
106 people rated this recipe